Saturday, February 23, 2013

Final Stretch

I am officially in the final stretch of my whole30, a week from today will be my final day. I
 know I haven't been on here this past week. I have been somewhat busy, but I promise I have stayed true to course as far as the whole30 went. Unfortunately I did not do my DDP. I will be doing it again, though, starting Monday. I am not wanting to make excuses, I really could have probably fit it in. I just felt rather overwhelmed and oddly tired.

There have been several trips to Midland/Odessa within the past week. And let me tell you, that takes a lot out of you. It by far has been my biggest struggle here while staying primal. Having to drive at least an hour to get to a decent grocery store can be quite tough! Especially if you forget one or two ingredients that you needed for dinner. To add to that challenge is the fact that Noah and I are currently vehicleless, which means we can only go up when my mother's van is available. This means no early morning trips, I have to wait until afternoon.

It is just one of the many things I miss about Fort Collins.



I am excited about a new cookbook I got.  Make it Paleo, by Bill Staley and Hayley Mason was such a great purchase. I got it at Barnes and Noble online for just under $20.00. Several recipes in every category: Breakfasts, Appetizers, Salads, Soups, Sauces and Dressings, Side Dishes, and Treats and Cheats. They are easy to follow, gorgeous pictures, and they actually rate the difficulty of each. I have yet to make a recipe that I haven't enjoyed. In addition to these wonderful recipes, they give their story and explain how and why they came to Paleo. There is a Foreword by Mark Sisson, if you don't know who he is you really should click on the link. Also there is an introduction that was written by Dr. Murray Susser, Hayley's Grandfather. I found each of these interesting and they really do add to the book as a whole. Continuing on, both the Paleo and Primal diet is explained clearly and concisely. It's easy to understand and helps to make this cookbook more accessible to those who are not (yet) Primal (or Paleo). The book gives greater detail and just what\ you should be buying. It actually has several charts that I found to be quite useful, dealing in meats, veggies and herbs. It even had a list of kitchen essentials that make primal much easier. I really did find this book to be a good investment. They do also have it in e-reader format if that is your thing.

There is something else that I am starting, but this is already so long, so I will post about it tomorrow.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment